I have a few things to confess today:
1. Lately, I can’t write more than 5oo words a sitting and, even that, is slowly killing me.
2. I had ice cream for lunch on Saturday. Yup. Just ice cream.
3. When my bicycle tire popped once, two male cyclists stopped to help. Even though they called me a ‘damsel in distress’ and made some other quips about my inability to change a bicycle tire due to my gender, I gritted my teeth, batted my eyelashes and let them do it.
4. I don’t actually know how to change a bicycle tire.
5. I really hate answering the phone. If you called me right now, I probably wouldn’t pick it up. So don’t try.
6. I get really angry about people’s insane use of plastic bags. Did you get a plastic bag at all today? If so, I judge you.
7. Still, I use at least 100 paper towels in a 24 hour period.
8. I check my e-mail about every 30 sec. to see the fate of my stupid writing.
9. My writing is ‘stupid’ 50% of time. And a ‘heartbreaking work of staggering genius’ 50% of the time.
10. When I do get an e-mail, 100% of the time it is Delta airlines telling me a way to get new miles.
What are your confessions for today?